Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Biotin and Magnesium
Traditionally prescribed as a Nerve Tonic and an adaptogen, Ashwagandha helps the body adapt to various emotional and physical stressors. It is a highly effective remedy to help reduce stress and anxiety, by lowering cortisol levels and mimicking the inhibitory neurotransmitter Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA). This compound lowers brain activity, which may help you to relax and sleep better. Ashwagandha has classically been used in India for nearly 5,000 years for conditions such as failure to thrive in children, weakness and debility in old age, rheumatism, constipation, insomnia, nervous conditions, stress, goiter, joint inflammation, parasites, hormone balance and more.
Studies suggest passion flower helps to relieve insomnia and anxiety. It appears to boost the level of GABA in the brain.
German Chamomile Flower
Traditionally, Chamomile preparations such as tea and essential oil aromatherapy, have been used to treat insomnia and to induce sedation (Calming Effects). Chamomile is widely regarded as a mild tranquillizer and Sleep-Inducer.
Lemon Balm Leaves
Lemon Balm has traditionally been used to improve mood and Cognitive Function, but it can also help to ease insomnia and other sleep disorders, as well as help to help relieve restlessness.
Traditionally used as Sleep Enhancer. Lavender oil is mainly Linalyl Acetate (51%) and Linalool (35%), which are chemicals that are both rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. Studies have shown that these compounds inhibit several neurotransmitters and have a sedative and Pain-Relieving effect.
Taurine - a conditional Amino Acid - is one of many Naturally-Occurring compounds in the body that, like Melatonin, increases in response to prolonged periods of being awake. Biochemically, Taurine activates GABA(A) receptors in a brain region known to regulate sleep, and it is involved in the creation of the "Sleep Hormone" Melatonin in the pineal gland.
L-Theanine is an Amino Acid that is found in tea leaves. It can help to promote relaxation and facilitate sleep by contributing to a number of changes in the brain.
5-HTP (from Griffonia Simplicifolia Seed)
5-HTP is an Amino Acid that the body naturally produces. It uses it to produce Serotonin - a chemical messenger that sends signals between nerve cells. Low serotonin levels are associated with depression, anxiety, sleep disorders, weight gain and other health problems.
Approved EFSA Health Claims:
- Niacin contributes to normal psychological function, normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, the maintenance of normal mucous membranes, the maintenance of normal skin and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Pantothenic Acid contributes to normal Energy-Yielding Metabolism, normal mental performance, normal synthesis and metabolism of steroid hormones, vitamin D and some neurotransmitters, and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the normal function of the immune system, the regulation of hormonal activity, normal cysteine synthesis, normal Energy-Yielding Metabolism, normal homocysteine metabolism, normal protein and glycogen metabolism and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- Biotin contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, normal functioning of the Nervous System, normal macronutrient metabolism, normal psychological function, normal hair and skin and the maintenance of normal mucous membranes.
- Magnesium contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue, electrolyte balance, normal Energy-Yielding Metabolism, normal functioning of the nervous system, normal muscle function, normal protein synthesis, Normal Psychological Function, the maintenance of normal bones and teeth, and it has a role in the process of cell division.